Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Please contact me!

I feel so sad that I'm seeing inquiries about my family on other website and I'm not able to respond directly on those sites! I was on Ancestry for awhile did not like paying the monthly fee when I found I could get most of the information for free.

If you would like to contact me, my email address is JamesAFN@aol.com. I've had this email account for over 10 years and have no plans to ever retire it. Just be sure to put something eye-catching in the Subject line since your email will go into my spam folder. I always scan everything in there so I don't inadvertently delete someone's email.

I've already 'met' a distant cousin through my blog here and it's wonderful seeing new photos and hearing more stories. Once I have permission I'll repost things here.

Here is an inquiry to my post on John and Dicey Bare from Ancestry. I'm hoping the lady who posted this will somehow be able to find this post and my answer!

"I am interested in more information about John Bare. This is the name of my grandmother's father. He was never married to my great grandmother and my grandmother never knew him but she once had me searching a cemetery looking for his name. My grandmother was born in 1929.- myerst1029"

Hi Myerst1029. I'm pretty sure we're talking about a different John Bare. My great, great grandpa John Bare died around 1899 in Piggott, Arkansas. His wife Dicey went on to remarry a man named Jim Barnwell but they later divorced. Dicey lived with my great-grandpa and grandma Dave Bare in Missouri until her death in 1928.

By the way- is everyone else annoyed that sites like Ancestry take information you've posted on the internet, put it on their site, and then charge people to see it? Not right.

No comments:

Post a Comment