Saturday, January 3, 2015

Eadys in Mississippi?

I received an email from a distant cousin who is also descended from Hiram H. Eady.

This cousin descends from Hiram's second son, Robert Hamilton Eady. My cousin claims that Robert was born in Mississippi in 1877.

I've had a hard time finding Hiram or his wife, Sarah Kinney, prior to the 1880 census. Could they have been in Mississippi?

I do have a marriage license for Hiram & Sarah that is dated 1873 and it is from Carroll, Georgia. Did they move to Mississippi after their wedding, and then move back to Georgia before 1880?

I've asked my cousin if he has any proof- some kind of backup that says for sure that Robert was born in Mississippi. If he does I will begin searching the census records there. I wonder if the Kinneys were from that state? Why would Hiram have moved to Mississippi?

No comments:

Post a Comment